2011年9月26日月曜日

Photo Exhibit “Life --- Father’s Focal Point and Daughter’s Focus”

July 18, 2011





I am writing the captions for my photo exhibits in August.  It is a quite difficult task.
In mid June, I was taking portraits under a theme of “Current Lives of People Living Oganawa.”  It was exactly three months after the earthquake when I took these photos.  People have started living in new temporary housing or resuming businesses and it was the time when the
modes of people’s lives have started coming back.  There are some areas that people are confused here and there.  However, people have become brightened as they started resuming the ordinary lives.  It is my hometown and they are people of my hometown.  That is why I want to stay close with them and to take pictures of them.

A photo exhibition is a place where you can make a subject matter interesting by making a composition of several photos.
Primarily, a photo should draw interest from the audience without any explanatory remarks.  However, I think that it would be better to add a remark that states a brief life drama of each individual for each portrait in this exhibition.  It is not only to draw more interest, but also to have the audience feel the lives in the disaster areas realistically.

My late father used to say. “I am not taking just a picture.  Rather I am taking a picture of that person’s life.”  I am competing against my father with these portraits that I took.  So I am trying to meet a challenge in facing the lives of these models in my photos although by any means I am not comparable to my father technically.

Some pieces of my father’s work that have been saved from the tsunami will be displayed as well.  Please drop by when you are in the neighborhood.


Photo Exhibition
“Life --- Father’s Focal Point and Daughter’s Focus”
Aug. 5 to Aug. 17, 2011:10:00 to 19:00, Aug. 18, 2011: 10:00 to 16:00
FUJIFILM SQUARE 1F Mini Gallery (At Ropongi Mid Town)

“Life --- Father’s Focal Point and Daughter’s Focus”
Aug. 25 to Aug. 30, 2011: 10:00 to 17:30
Fuji Film Photo Salon, Sendai

Another exhibition of these photos will be held at Fuji Film Salon, Osaka in October.


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿