2011年6月28日火曜日

From New Zealand May 1, 2011

Messages came from elementary school children in New Zealand to an elementary school in Onagawa.
A message and drawings from each and every child; I am sure they spared a lot of time and effort to write and draw.
They were visualizing friends in far away Japan, whom they had never even met and trying to encourage them.
I was moved as I turned the pages one by one. 

Mr. Watarai, a teacher, put together everything neatly. He put round stickers around the holes of each page so that the holes would not break, attached drawings and messages on thicker paper and put Japanese translation. I see a sophisticated sense of art in his careful work. Their eyes that watch over children in the affected area from far away New Zealand; It is encouraging not only to students in Onagawa, but also for teachers in Onagawa. I will make sure to deliver your messages! Thank you,  Ms.Watarai. I appreciate your kindness very much.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿