2011年7月21日木曜日

100th day

100th day
June 18, 2011
On the 100th day, today, I went to Ishinomaki.
I went up to Hiyoriyama . where the whole city of Ishinomaki can be viewed for the first time in many years.
From the mouth of the Kitakami River, the right side (Kadonowaki) was completely destroyed while there were many roofs on the left side. (Minato direction)
Around the Marumitsu Department Store, I could see scenes along Aitopia Street that brought back fond memories.

I went to see the San Juan Bautista, too. The ship that managed to survive the tsunami had its mast broken by the storm on April 28. On the website, you can see how it was at the time of the tsunami. The building around the dock was destroyed, but if you look at only the picture, it is very mystical and appears that it shows the strength of the ship that moves ahead in the storm very well. It has an atmosphere that the restored ship is fighting bravely in the art of nature.

I could talk to some staff members of the San Juan Museum. Some ship carpenters have retired due to age. It was in 1992 when my father took pictures of them. It was in 2004 when a photo exhibition was held. I had a chance to meet with some of the ship carpenters at the time, but I wonder how they are doing right now. The world of ship carpenters is artisan business and it seems that it is difficult to find successors. I am sure the number of ship carpenters is less compared to that of 20 years ago. I saw that Murakami Shipyard that used to be in Nakasu of Ishinomaki was gone… I hope that there will be more successors of ship carpenters and that the Sant Juan will be restored somehow so that there will be a day when it can go back to the vast ocean again. 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿