2011年7月15日金曜日

Potentiality of Art

Potentiality of Art
May 19, 2011
There were many galleries in the Chelsea district of NY, which scattered conveniently here and there.  It is free of charge and you can just stop by whenever you feel like it.  It is a good change when you are close to a conclusion with things you are working on (smile).  Displayed were a lot of modern arts that I am unfamiliar with.  Although it’s a matter of taste, I felt that after all this was NY and I wished that Japan would become a place like this.

Among the galleries, there was a gallery that had several displays of dynamic objets d’art made of steel frames and car bumpers.  I would have been gazing into these several months ago, saying “How cool!”  However, here I thought frankly that the cars in Onagawa looked great (smile).  The cars twisted and bent by the forces of the tsunami could become an art, I was firmly convinced.


After the 311 disaster, my view on things had totally changed.  No art can surpass a formation by the nature, no matter what they are and no matter who made the arts.


Meat Market district was located in the southwestern part of Manhattan.  I strolled in the promenade called High Line which was the modification of the old, discontinued railroad.  The wooden deck that extended straight from North to South commanded a view of the railroad along the way here and there.  The meticulously cared garden and properly-calculated, yet pleasing placement of benches added to this promenade an alluring taste that blends into old buildings in Manhattan.  It made me feel like that I want to take a walk every day.
What a good sense they have for remodeling the railroad!  While strolling, I was thinking about a restoration model for Onagawa.  The coastline of Onagawa has sunk and people are afraid of building houses again because of another possible tsunami.  However, if the land can be utilized effectively, it might be better to build a park like High Line Park of NY on the coastal road.
Thinking about planting a lot of plants in the places where many lives were lost, I was strolling in an obscure corner of Manhattan in the twilight.  As the evening draws in, I also enjoyed the transformation of NY in 10 years.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿