2011年7月21日木曜日

News letter from Genkidama Project

News letter from Genkidama (Spirit Bomb) Project
June 15, 2011
To all supporter of the Genkidama Project

Please allow me to let you know the following donations from the project.
Year 2011Onagawa Daiichi Elementary School: Delivered group pictures of enrollment ceremony matted and mounted in covers5/26
Year 2011 Onagawa Daiichi Junior High School: Delivered group pictures of enrollment ceremony matted and mounted in covers 5/26


I printed logo of ‘Gambappe! Onagawa’(‘Hanging tough! Onagawa’, shown left) on the mat.  Usually, a name of photo studio is printed as a title on a mat.   However, this time I put ‘Genkidama Project and Sasaki Portrait Studio’ as the title because I wanted to deliver the compassion of the 140 donors to the students.


And also the following donation will be made:
Year 2010 Onagawa Daiichi Junior High School: Additional yearbooks for the seniors of 2010
Year 2011 Onagawa Daiichi Elementary School: Total order of 39 yearbooks for new 6 graders.  Genkidama funds will donate 8,000yen  per book.
Year 2011 Onagawa Daiichi Junior High School: Total order of 69 yearbooks for new senior students.  Genkidama funds will donate 8,000yen per book.

The yearbooks of 2010 were delivered to school on March 10 and the students brought them to their home and washed away on very next day.  I estimated that 60 to 70 % of the seniors of 2010 lost their books.  Based on that number, I calculated the cost to reprint them, which is about 300,000yen and decided to pay in full from the funds.  Even though I don’t have the final number to be ordered, please allow me to report the progress.

As far as the year books of 2011are concerned, many families don’t have income yet because of the disaster, I tried to reduce the financial burdens of the parents to pay yearbooks.  The funds will pay \8,000 per book, which means 8,000yen cheaper than that in the past for families.  To be honest, I considered using the funds to pay full price.  However, there are concerns that some people might talk about free yearbooks in a certain school and expensive ones on the other schools.  Such an argument will cast negative impact on business of peers.  So, the solution was: same price as in the past and cover the part of the cost from the funds.


When I was a child, I always expected to receive a yearbook as given.
I found out later that it was our parents who paid money every month to the school for a yearbook like they did for school trip. 

Many parents in Onagawa were grateful when the schools explained the Genkidama project funds to help them.  The wishes of individuals to make memories to the children will reach out through the yearbooks for sure.  I am planning to print names of the all contributors on the last page of the yearbook.  Isn’t it delightful to think about these children to grow up and open their yearbooks 10 years or 20 years from now?

I extend my thanks to 140 donors for this project.  I would like to carry over the leftover money to the next year. 


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿