2011年5月12日木曜日

My Father’s Belongings

March 28, 2011
Just came back from Onagawa.
I have many things to tell you, but I’ll talk about the most delightful, miraculous story.

It is my father’s
portfolio.  It survived without being washed away by the tsunami.  There remained the entire file of his photo collection which contains the silver salt photo prints of ship carpenters who worked to restore the San Juan Bautista.

Someone picked it up somewhere and brought it to the multipurpose gym.

Likewise, we found someone’s memorable album near my parents’ house and took it to the gym.
“Where did you find this?”
“Near Sasaki Portrait Studio.”
“Do you happen to be with Sasaki Portrait Studio?  Your pictures are brought here, too.”
I was handed the
portfolio and snapshots of my sister’s wedding.

70% of my father’s
portfolio can be saved if it is washed with clean water.  The muddy water here will not save it.  I’ll try to wash and save those pictures after I return to Tokyo.
The portraits were taken by my father originally and later I printed them.  This is, after all, our first and last joint product.

My parents’ house was washed away, but I think my father’s work is pushing me forward.  I hear my father’s voice, “Mayumi, Be sure to keep on taking pictures!”
I was not able to succeed the photo studio, but I can succeed the techniques of photography.  I honestly feel this way now.

This scene was videotaped for broadcasting on TV.  It will be broadcasted on TBS Asazuba (Morning News), around 8: a.m. of March 29 tomorrow.
Please view that if you are able to do so.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿