2011年5月23日月曜日

News Zero

April 30, 2011
From NEWS ZERO, an evening news program of Nippon News Network (NNN), aired on April 27th.
                                                                                                                              

Onagawa, Miyagi Prefecture.  The town was hit by the devastating Tsunami.
One photographer from this town is looking for her missing parents while succeeding her father and fulfilling his mission.

Reporter: “Are they all your father’s cameras?”
Mayumi: Yes.  I found and brought them back with me.  They are still all covered with mud and pebbles.   I found many items but I brought back only cameras that my father was attached to.

Mayumi looked at photographs that had been picked and brought to an evacuation center.
Mayumi: This is a kindergarten year book from 1986.  My father took photographs for this year book.  Somebody kept it all these years.

Mayumi met with her friend from her old neighborhood.
Mayumi: It’s a picture taken by my father!  He took it for his customer.  The design of the mount is an old style.  It makes me feel nostalgic.

Mayumi stood where the portrait studio used to be.
Reporter: The darkroom is still standing here, isn’t it?
Mayumi: It holds memories for me and my father.  I feel that I can hear his message.  I think his pride and spirit dwell in this room.

At a Shinto shrine on a hill,
Mayumi: This is a photo of Onagawa on a sunny day.  My father took it for his grandchildren.  As his portrait studio was deeply rooted in the town of Onagawa, I want to return the favors to many people here who had helped me grow up.  I also want to help children in Onagawa who will carry the future of the town.

In the car
Mayumi: There are so many people who lost everything including their houses.  Even if the house withstood, there was nothing left in it.  In this kind of difficult situation, if you can have a new picture for your memory, don’t you think it will make you feel better?  Then, an image came to mind.  It goes like this.  When you see a flower blooming, you feel spring is finally here after a long winter.  I thought it could be my photos that can help the flower bloom in each person.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿