2011年5月12日木曜日

My heart is so filled with everyone’s kindness

Apr. 4, 2011
Thank you, everyone, for helping me with my fundraising. At first, I started with friends from my college. When I asked for help in my blog and through twitter, a lot of people including my elders from Onagawa and people around Japan whom I do not even know donated to me. It is unbelievable that I could see this much reaction in only one day, on Monday after a weekend!  
Today around 11 a. m., I went to Sumitomo Mitsui Bank and had my account book updated. (I am not using Internet banking in this era! Laugh)
When I inserted my account book, the ATM kept printing with noise.
The time it was printing seemed as if I had not updated my account book for about a year.
While listening to the printing sound, I pictured each and every friends face.
I also tried to imagine the faces of those people who encouraged me in my blog and twitter. Everyone has his/her own family and daily life. These are the money that everyone earned with his/her effort. I was so moved that I almost cried in front of the ATM.
Among those people who donated are a friend who was almost carried away by the tsunami, a friend who had just quit his/her job. They have a difficult time leading their own lives I was very moved by their feelings that they want to help elementary and middle school students in Onagawa.
Of course, I am sad that my parents are dead. Even so, I only cried one night.
I now cry because I am so happy about the fact that everyone helps me and I am not alone. I truly appreciate your support.
Lastly, I want to say that this fundraising has no deadline.
I have received some inquiries from overseas, too, but please do not push yourself too hard as you need to pay some fee when you send money overseas.  (It would be better if you can make transactions overseas on your account in Japan through Internet banking.)
My motto is: to donate as much as I can when I can. And to provide support that big corporations cannot extend to elementary and middle schools.
I will decide what is needed, how much is needed for printing albums, etc., while consulting with teachers.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿