2011年5月6日金曜日

Back to the Starting Point


March l7, 2011
The information that my parents in Onagawa were seen on March 15th was completely unfounded. 

My sister went to Onagawa and saw the neighbor who used to live behind our parents’ house.  The neighbor told her that no one had seen them after the tsunami.

Our euphoria quickly turned to despair.  We are back to where we started.  So sad…. We just have to be patient and wait.  

Where the house stood, only the darkroom remained after the tsunami, my sister reported.  The darkroom at the southern corner on the first floor of the house was walled with durable ceramic bricks, which was why it was spared from being washed away with the rest.  Remnants found there were a photo enlarger, mom’s jacket, dad’s shirt, and the old nameboard of the parents’ shop. It seems a miracle that even any bits and pieces remained.

I thank my sister who took an enormous trouble of going there and my brother-in-law who supported his desperate wife during the trip.   

Thank you so much for your support. And I’m sorry that I disappointed you.  I will continue to write any new findings.

There are so many people who are worried to death about the safety of their loved ones.  Let’s pray together. Let’s overcome.  The whole world is behind us.



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿