2011年5月16日月曜日

News ZERO

April 24, 2011
The broadcast date Has been changed to 4/27Wed.


I was interviewed by Nippon Television’s “News ZERO.”
The program focuses on those people who are working in the affected areas.
Documentaries of Nippon Television are always well organized with good interviews, so I always paid attention. This time, they interviewed me.

Up until now, in order not to aggravate my sadness, I had been trying to look at Onagawa from an objective point of view. With this interview, I am now able to understand and view Onagawa with one step forward from before in my own mind.
Especially at this time where I had been used to look at mountains of rubble, it was necessary for me to talk with strangers (reporters) and look at “my home” from a viewpoint that was different from before. 

Specifically speaking, I went into the dark room for the first time.
I never tried to go into the building that looked almost crumbling down with rubble and sludge everywhere.  However, during today’s interview, I felt the urge of checking to see what happened to the large tray in the dark room and went in.  Today, for the first time, I noticed that what my father used to use was on the same location without moving. I felt that I could hear my father’s voice if I tried to listen and I remembered those days that I printed pictures with my father. I grew up with the smell of acetic acid since my kindergarten years. It is a nostalgic smell for me.

I went up to Kumano Shrine, the same location as the picture posted in Focus magazine. It is a location where you can see the whole town.
If you look from this height, you can feel the power of the tsunami all again. Onagawa after the earthquake / tsunami, looked from a bird’s eye view is a disaster, but I still love it even with rubble. It is my hometown…

While being interviewed, I looked at the town and renewed my sense of honest feelings.
I am not trying to be strong; I do not feel any pressures from my parents; I will live in the way I want; I could get the power of moving forward today.

I appreciate all the members of the interview team from Nippon Television’s News ZERO who interviewed me. The planned date of broadcast is April 27 (Wed.)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿